Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Friday, March 05, 2004
  You suck....and thats just sad......
I had one of those days when I really have had enough of people for one day. Not just my coworkers who normally annoy me on some level, but especially my customers. One of my customers whose lack of manners and condescending attitude is only matched by an almost undecipherable accent insisted I call my greatest competitor before they would buy my product. It's a long story, suffice to say, I called pretending to be someone I wasn't and was made to feel really stupid just to please my customer, and then they cancelled her order after I jumped through hoops for her.

I don't mind going out of my way for customers. I like being able to provide products and services that are outstanding, but for someone that can't be satisfied, it's never worth it, and your best is never enough.

The next time you call some call center, and give someone on the phone "a piece of your mind" for something they probabally had no control over, just realize you probabally ruined their day just because you needed to feel like you are superior to someone else. You would not believe how often call center employees have pressed the mute button on their microphone and are ranting about what an absolute dumb ass you are and calling you every name in the book.

The truth is when you act ugly to me, any customer service you recieve will be purely coincidental and the minimum I have to do, and I will probabally not be in any kind of hurry. But if you are genuinely thankful for any help you get, and make me think I am being a hero to you, I will pull down hell to get you whatever you need. Make me see that we are both human, and that you will appreciate whatever I can do to help you out, and I will make you happy if it is possible. If you sound cute, that might help some too.
 





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger