Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
  A Mind Forever Wandering........

I've always had a short attention span. I think if I went to grade school now, my progress report would look something like this:


"AnonymousCog is unable to stay focused on his work, and is always talking to his neighbor. He's like a fruit fly on speed. Please, for the sake of his teachers, the staff, and other students, seek an appropriate pharmacological therapy..."


But when I have a slow day at work, like today, I enter into sort of a stream of consciousness. Let me see if I can recreate it for you in between the persistent ring of my phone.

1st hour:
Hate this place...ring....have a headache....ring....ring....need more coffee.....ring.....add creamer this time......ring...."at the Copa, Copa Cabana.."....ring....

2nd hour:
Ring....I sure miss the A-team.....ring....hey, headaches gone.....ring...ring....%$@#* Customer!!.....ring...."the hottest spot north of Havana..."...ring....ring....maybe another cup.....ring...sex*.....ring....

3rd Hour:
I need a snack-ooh swiss rolls!.....ring....ring..."her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..."....ring....Damn you Barry Manilow!......ring..How did I get here?..ring.....sex.....ring...."It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegone"......ring....

4th Hour:
ring.......ring......wow! my belly button is deep!... ring... eeewww! my finger smells! .......ring ...... ring ......"Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit"....... ring...."Roxanne! you dont have to put on the red light!" ......ring..... I want some lunch ...........ring ......"Spongebob, you look like a girl"......"Like a pretty girl?".........."..ring..

5th Hour:
Ring........good lunch........ring...... what if superman had kryptonite underwear?....... ring.....ring....... Helen Hunt in "As good as it gets" ..ring.....ring....I like breasts .......ring...

6th Hour
....silence......silence..... I miss the muppet show......... ring.........I really like Briers Ice Cream ......ring...I want a raise ...ring......."at the Copa, Copa Cabana..."....damn.....ring.....sex.....

7th Hour
Silence......Samurai Jack is cool .......ring........ I wish I had a samurai sword......ring.....ring.......silence..... I want a puppy........ring.......ring....How similar is class consciousness in different cultures? ........ring.....ring......"I'm proud to be an okie from Muskogee..".... ring...Where did that come from?.......

8th Hour
Ring.......When will this %$#@* day end? .......I wonder who owns this place.......ring......ring...... "A spokesmodel dippied in some refried beans".... Why is Selma Hayek so hot? ......ring...... ring...."I like big butts and I cannot lie! you other brothers cant deny..".....ring ......ring...."With my spear and magic helmet, spear and magic helmet, Speaaarrr and Maaagic Hellmeet...."..ring..

Overtime:

Ring.......%@#$% customer........ring...... ring........"Goin to the country, gonna eat alot of peaches.".......ring......... "Music and fashion are always in fashion at the Copaaahhhh.....don't fall in love....Copa Cabana...."......damn.....









*For you women readers, I'm not obsessed with sex, this sort of thing is normal, for pretty much every guy, even nice guys. I've heard statistics that say, that Italians think about sex more than any other group of men on the planet.I have no way to prove this though, comment below if you know something I dont.

 
Comments: Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger