Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Tuesday, May 25, 2004
  Dear CEO...

Dear President and Ceo of Anonymous Call Center Conglomerate,

I have worked at your company for four years. When I was a trainee I was told your name and name of the other people in charge of the company. I don’t know what you look like, nor do you know what I look like.I have worked for other CEO's that I knew by name, had shook their hands, and was personally glad to work for them. I don’t know anything about you other than the way that you run your company. I guess that is enough to know that employees' always come second to profit.

This year you increased the amount of money that employees have to pay in order to keep their health insurance for their families. At the same time hours were cut, and it was the yet another year without performance reviews or any wage increases at all.

Look, I’m not some moron without a clue about how business works, I know you have lost some customers, and I know that times have been tough. I have also seen you putting out some capital to improve parts of the company—it just never seems to come our way.I see you making investments in everything except people.

But you can’t continue treating your employees this way. How long do you expect them to stay when nothing ever changes for the better? You know it would be one thing if you had explained to us that this is a temporary thing, or made some sort of attempt to bring us along, make us part of this, dealt in some sort of good faith. But we hear nothing from you or your representatives here. Your silence speaks deafening volumes about how you feel about us.

I am sure that you are shielded, protected and rarely come in contact with the people that work at your companies. Your managers probabally never discuss such things, only profit and loss. I am sure you would tell everyone that you provide work to many people and help the economy. Yes, you provide me with the wages to pay my bills. You also provide me with no incentive, very little hope, confusing memos and policies and very little to look forward to.

I know that you will never read this, and I will leave your company someday. But if one of your kind does read this while surfing the web someday, and think beyond profit, possibly wonder how his methods of business affect the people that work for him, then this will have been worth the time.

Sincerely,

AnonymousCog

 
Comments:
The CEO doesn't care about profit and loss either.

The CEO cares about the share price, the CEO could care less if there was a loss, as long as there's always news that will 'cause the share price to increase.

For instance, to offset the effects of a loss, he'd announce huge layoffs, suddenly even though the company is losing money, suddenly the share price goes up.
 
Hey, I am pretty darn sure I work for the same company as you, and I am eternally grateful for all the things you say, because it is like you are speaking for me. Keep it up! At least you are giving the other Cogs a voice!
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger