Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Thursday, February 03, 2005
  Bedwetting and Religion Part II


Click here to start from the beginning..(it will make more sense.)
What is the connection between bedwetting and religion?

That integral concept of many(not all) of the world's religions that consistently frustrates and confuses so much of the world is the idea that morality is the way to gain Heaven, attain Nirvana, escape Purgatory, etc.

I know, you're thinking it's a good thing I'm anonymous, because Pat Robertson is trying to find my IP address right now to start tracking me down for blaspemy,right? Whether he is or not, I think we can all agree that there is a great deal of teaching by religious leaders that is unconsciously tainted by some societal need to control people and their actions.

I can't speak for the other religions, but I can speak for some of the aspects of Christianity that seem more concerned with controlling people's actions as opposed to bringing them closer to a personal relationship with God. Somewhere along the way, both the followers of Christ, and the world at large got this idea that this specific religion is all about what you do or do not do, instead of what you believe.

All we seem to see lately is the political side of Christianity, that seeks to protect what we have defined as the "Classical Judeo-Christian Values".
Look at part of Orwell's quote again from his essay, "Such, Such Were the Joys...",

"...this was the great, abiding lesson of my boyhood: that I was in a world where it was not possible for me to be good."(Orwell's emphasis)
Instead of providing us with an answer to such a cruel world, much of organized religion just makes it harder and harder. We become more and more frustrated with not being able to be good.

Look at this passage from the New Testament...

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Romans 7:14-20
I really identified with this passage because I spent a good part of my life going to church hoping I might get to Heaven, but knowing I was sinful and could not do good no matter how hard I tried. In my church, we would go to altar up front and pray after services. I tried to get "saved" over and over.

Finally, I read the bible for myself and discovered that the religion I had learned in Sunday School and Sunday morning was not true. Here's some of the verses that changed the way I saw things:
"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."-Romans 8:1
"because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."-Hebrews 10:14
"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."-II Corinthians 5:21
What do many of the the world's Religions and Bedwetting have in common? We all wake up one day, discovering we are covered in our own filth in a world that isn't fair. We didn't want to be this way, we didn't choose it. We can try to pretend it doesn't exist, we can try to hide, but we know the filth is there. But true religion doesn't have to beat you until the cane is broken for something you can't change. True religion is a living relationship with a God that cleans you up and gives you the energy and hope and to live a better life.

I've said it before. I'm not writing to convert my readers, I just want to help people think differently.

Thanks for reading,

AC
 
Comments:
The hallmark of Christianity is a bunch of preachy judgmental people :)

I think that's one way to weed out the serious people from the trendy poser whores (yes, even christianity has trendy poser whores--they usually shop at the Christian equivolent of Hot Topic and give unwanted suggestions based on theory and not practice). You'll get distressed and your head will explode into tiny pieces if you a) listen to the posers, b) actually spend time WITH the posers or c) try to reeducate the posers.

Best unwanted advice--be real, be sincere, stear clear, and do your own thing best as you can. And if bed wetting's still a problem after that, they've got stuff in the "paper products" aisle for that ;)
 
Who is Pat Robertson?
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger