Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Sunday, March 27, 2005
  Hatred-Part II

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."-II Corinthians 12:9
"In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 3:26-27

How do you control the feelings of hatred that working in an unfair situation seems to bring naturally? What do you do to keep from becoming that bitter person that will explode in violence? I think all of us have fantasized about cold cocking our bosses from time to time. But most us are able to leave it at just that, a passing thought and not an obsession.

The one positive result from struggling with hatred is that I come face to face with my own weaknesses. I've spent so many years going to church and playing that image game, of always trying to be a "good witness" to others around me. But at this point in my life, I'm more interested in being real to people around me. Acting like you have it all together does nothing for anyone.

I can't deny my hatred, or it will eat me up inside. To act as if when their condescending memos and yelling and screaming at us never bothers me gives them the ultimate victory. Swallowing my rage, and hurt feelings is never the right thing to do.

The bible never has said you will not be angry. It just said to not let it control you. Don't let the anger become an obsession that leads to evil actions. Whatever the ultimate answers are to controlling my hatred, I know the first step is acknowledging I need the help of a greater force than exists in my conscious mind at this point in time.

Thanks for reading,

AC

Click Here for Part III
 
Comments:
That's totally me. I WANT to be a good/decent Christian. I really DO believe what my faith teaches. At the same time I have little (read NO) patience with stupidity and incompetents. My annoyance with church people has actually begun to overshadow my annoyance with work people. God give me patience, and give it to me right now!!

I know, I want to be real and honest too. I'm tired of people who act like they have it together because somehow "having God" makes them SO together. Meanwhile, they're usually the people that're making my head explode at church.
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger