Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Friday, August 19, 2005
  BTK


I've been glued to Google News and listening to NPR the last week to hear anything about the BTK trial. This story has been like passing a deadly, bloody, 30 car pile up on the other side of the freeway. I don't want to look at other people's pain, but I want to understand how someone could do something like this, if at all possible.

Dennis Rader is incredibly evil. There are few words to describe the level of evil that would do it justice. How anyone could listen to this guy describe all that he did and say that all people are basically good is beyond me.

How he mixed good and evil, fantasies that his victims would serve him in the afterlife, its unbelievable.

Good is possible, good truly exists. So does evil. Unless we deny the small everyday evils that tempt us everyday, unless we seek to see ourselves in the stark black and white of truth, anyone could head down the path to be like this guy.

Going to church, being an active member in the community, obeying the law, being married and respectable, none of these things in itself defines anyone as good. The difference is if our hearts are filled with the kind of self-centered darkness that allows the rest of the world to exist for only our pleasure.

Thanks for reading,

AC

 
Comments:
It's a scary line, isn't it? I believe we all have the capacity for this in us, but the difference is our structure. I was raised to never hurt anything. At the same time, I do believe that some people are more likely to "break" like this, to become sick like this. I don't believe in evil. Even the people who abused me, I believe they were sick sick people. Do I think they should die? ABSOLUTELY. Some illness cannot be cured.

I cannot imagine how his wife is feeling. I think I'd kill myself if I was her....
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger