Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Friday, September 15, 2006
  This is Goodbye.

655 posts, 2 years, 7 months, 3 days-I've had enough...

If you might not have gathered from reading the end of "The Malfunction", I am not going to blog anymore about the call center. I'm not deleting the blog, there's too much of my heart and soul in this place. There will be bad call centers, bad bosses, and certainly bad customers, around long after I leave my call center, so someone may enjoy reading it. I will still answer emails and comments,(not so quickly though). I'm leaving the blogroll up for now, and I will be glad to link to anyone who links to me. If you liked Call Center Purgatory, I've created a Cafe Press Store, click the post title link above to get to the store.

I'm ready to live life, and there's no room for Call Center Purgatory anymore. It takes too much time, and has become counter productive. Check back from time to time, or keep an eye out on Technorati. I will let you know when I finally leave the call center, and I may give you some actual details about who I am and where I worked.

There are so many of you that have been very kind and gracious to me. I could not begin to name all of the wonderful people who have commented, emailed or linked to me. I care for many of you like dear friends who I have known for years.

Thanks for reading,

I really mean that.

Your Friend,

AC

Anonymous Cog

 
Comments:
Hi AC -

Although I'll miss your posts about life in the call centre, I'm glad you have (finally) come to a decision & wish you the best for your future endeavours.

I really do enjoy your writing & insights on life, so it would be great if you could continue to put down your thoughts. Perhaps, after a while, you could just change your blog title to something more appropriate to your new direction in life? Otherwise, start a new blog.

All the best for the future - I'm sure you have made a wise decsion.

Regards,

Scott
 
Thanks Scott.
AC
 
AC,

I understand the life in a call center, being in the industry for 2.5 years.

I had to take a break for my mental health. I am currently trying to find other work.

The pressure, depression and insanity one has to go through just to make an above minimum wage job is the core experience of a call center employee.

Not worth it. Maybe you can pursue a career in journalism or writing. I hope you never have to go back to a call center job again.

Best of luck to you.

Leslie
 
Thanks, Leslie.
AC
 
My favourites list won't be then same without you.Good luck in whatever you choose to do and if you ever get the blogging urge back drop by jam butties and let me know and I'll put a link up.
 
Thanks, Jammy.
AC
 
Thanks Miki...
AC
 
You'll definitely be missed, AC. :(
 
Thanks Spring. You were one of my first links...

AC
 
D*mn.

Thanks for the posts, and for keeping the site up. You will be missed...
 
Thanks, Ann.
AC
 
Thanks, Luke.

AC
 
Good luck AC!

Thanks for keeping me blogging, if you hadn't answered that post those few years ago I probably would have stopped!
 
Thanks,Geistx. Glad to see you are still at it.

AC
 
RIP CCP! You will be missed. James
 
AC-
I have been away for awhile and just now getting back to my old "friends". I wish you the best and really hope that you find something that fulfills both your spirit and your wallet. Your talents are sorely wasted in a CC.

All the best and more!

~j
 
Thanks, ~j
 
gee.. i only read this now.. i make it a point to always drop by here if i have free time.. and basing on my last visit months ago.. gee my CC job is starting to eat me too..

it was a great experience all the same, it may have been the choice to make or break oneself.. but at the end.. i hmm.. dunno what's at the end tho.. but thanks for sharing AC.. you will be missed...

pls drop me a note in case you found your new home on another blog.. wish you the best!!! xxxhugsxxx
 
Thanks Velvet.
AC
 
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
Enjoy A God Blessed
Weekend!!
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
 
Thanks!
AC
 
I hope you'll be happy with your new life. Again, Thanks for sharing your experiences in a call center industry. You are a great writer.
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger