Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Saturday, March 26, 2005
  Hatred-Part I

"A new command I give you: Love one another." John 13:34

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life."-Eric Hoffer


Probabaly, the emotion that I have the most trouble dealing with working at the call center is hatred. There are times I hate my customers, I hate my co workers, but especially, I struggle with hating the management that has created this place of suffering, and hating myself for not finding a way out yet.

Hatred is not my constant companion, its not even my friend. Its more like that nerd in high school that wants to be your best friend even though you dump him upside down in the trash can every time he bothers you.

But he wont go away. It seems like every study hall, every class, every meal in the cafeteria, those ugly glasses, Dungeons and Dragons T-shirt, and greasy hair keep appearing in my field of vision trying to become part of my life. My cool friends, kindness, self-respect, and maturity tell me if I let him hang out with us they're hitting the bricks.

More to come...

Thanks for reading,
AC

Click Here for Part II
 
Comments:
I don't think bearing a little dose of hatred is gonna harm you, really. My feelings of kindness, love, hatred and self-respect get along quite well.
 
hatred yes is a good companion sometimes, what's important is that.. dont have it overcome you
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger