Call Center Purgatory <$BlogRSDURL$>
Call Center Purgatory
Sunday, February 19, 2006
  Two Years...

Last Monday made two years that I have been writing this blog. It's hard to imagine that. I thought I would have given up the blog, got caught and fired or just up and quit the call center one day. But, none of those things have happened and I'm still here.

I'm certainly not posting with the same kind of daily vitriol like when I first started, nor am I posting as much. Most of that is because I don't need to. I've finally developed some healthy ways to cope with the management and the callers.

The call center has gone through changes as well. This year brought a change of management on several levels. I don't know how that's going to work out. The investment business is pretty cut-throat. I don't know If things will change for the better or not. Everything is in a state of flux for now, but I have a guarded optimism that it will get better.

Do I have plans to leave? Oh yeah-no doubt about that. I hope by the first of next year to be punching that time clock for the last time. I have concrete plans in the works-but I need the paycheck until then, unless someone has a lucrative book deal they want to offer me. Somehow, I just can't imagine a tell-all about working in a call center ever being on the New York Times Best-seller list, but stranger things have happened.

Whatever happens, I have no regrets writing this blog. There were times it was an obsession, and other times it was a burden. But it is always there, letting me blow off steam, letting me express who I really am, and being a source of support from those people that leave comments or link to me.

To all of you,

Thank you very much.

Your friend,

AC

Anonymous Cog

 
Comments:
hey AC...

long time, no contact...been kinda busy, but have a few minutes...and checking up on old links! hope you are well!
 
Post a Comment





Exploring the mind numbing insanity and childish corporate culture of an unknown call center employee.
________________

Purgatory: A place of suffering and torment with an unknown duration. In Roman Catholic Theology-the place where the dead are purified from their sins.
________________

Email:anonymous.cog at gmail.com
________________

"One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better." -Blaise Pascal
________________

The Cog is listening to:
"Wake Up"
By Rage Against The Machine
________________

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Here's my RSS(XML Atom) feed

Visit Anonymous Cog's other site: Poverty,Politics,and Faith

Call Centre

________________

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." -George Orwell

________________

ARCHIVES
February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / September 2011 / October 2020 / August 2021 /


Powered by Blogger